Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
How to Prevent Mold
Tips from the Mold Experts
All mold needs in order to grow is moisture (i.e.; water or humidity). It is important to create a dry environment to prevent mold from growing and causing further mold damage.
MOLD PREVENTION TIPS FROM RGI'S MOLD EXPERTS:
- Maintain your property by performing any necessary repairs and maintenance.
- React quickly to pipe leaks and moisture infiltrations.
- Dry up the moisture quickly (with in 24-48 hours) - do not wait on your insurance agent or adjuster for advice.
- Determine if there is moisture trapped between building materials (wood floors and subfloor, drywall and sheathing, cabinets and floor, etc.).
- Contact a mold remediation specialist to evaluate your property if professional structural drying is required.
Taking proper steps to dry your property quickly and effectively is your responsibility. Waiting on your insurance company to determine how to deal with your water damage is not advisable if you want to prevent mold from growing on your property. Follow these simple tips to prevent mold and mold damage from becoming an issue in your home or business.