Mold Removal in Attics
Attics can be perfect places for mold to hide. In the Southeastern United States, the combination of heat and the lack of ventilation causes moist air to be trapped, allowing mold spores to plant themselves along attic rafters and framing. Air conditioning that cools home interiors has little effect on attic temperature, creating sauna-like attic environments that are perfect for incubating mold. REMEDIATION GROUP, INC. approaches attic mold remediation the same way we do all mold contamination. We offer a complete solution that quarantines the attic space from living spaces during our process, insuring that we do not cross contaminate your inhabitable space. Customers and environmentalists rave over the results of our work -clean, sealed, and maintenance-free attics that can be used as mold and mildew-free storage space.
6 Steps to Effectively Remediate an Attic
Attic RemediationREMEDIATION GROUP, INC. has developed a 6-step process for effectively, safely and permanently removing mold from attics.. Our process complies with EPA, New York City Health Department and IICRC Standards and Guidelines.
1. Set up negative air pressurization inside the crawlspace, preventing cross contamination.
2. HEPA vacuum all surfaces, including joist and sub floor framing.
3. Wipe all surfaces, including ductwork, framing and conduits.
4. Sand, scrape or dry ice blast the first layer of affected wood framing. Such agitation techniques will ensure complete source removal of mold spores and their root system from the contaminated wood framing.
5. Wipe all surfaces a second time.
6. *Apply a clear anti-microbial wood coating to the newly cleaned wood surfaces.
*RGI utilizes GA State licensed applicators to apply antimicrobial products.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE THE CONTRACTOR YOU CHOSE GUARANTEES PASSAGE OF VISUAL INSPECTION AND SURFACE SAMPLING BY THIRD PARTY INSPECTORS.
WARNING: There are no fogging techniques presently available that offer quick and convenient silver bullet treatments for remediation of mold in crawlspaces. Products may promise quick and easy results, but they have been proven to be ineffective and a waste of money. Put your money to effective use. Call REMEDIATION GROUP, INC. today to schedule an evaluation of your crawlspace. We will provide a free detailed estimate with easy-to-understand square footage pricing.
For more information on mold contamination and its threat to your business, home and health, click to read two EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) reports: Residential Mold Guide and Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings -2001 document.&*&*&