&*&*&Mold Remediation in Crawl Spaces
Visible surface mold growth is common in crawlspaces in the Southeastern United States. Climate, porous construction materials and expense-conscious building designs all play a role in creating the right environment for mold contamination. In the past, crawlspaces were often vented in an effort to curtail opportunities for contamination. But venting may have actually made the problem worse, bringing in warm, moist, outdoor air laden with spores and other microorganisms contained in the soil. Today, this practice is in decline, but mold continues to grow despite best efforts to address it.
6 Steps to Effectively Remediate a Crawlspace
Mold Remediation worker in Crawl SpaceREMEDIATION GROUP, INC. has developed a 6-step process for effectively, safely and permanently removing mold from crawlspaces. REMEDIATION GROUP, INC.’s process complies with EPA, New York City Health Department and IICRC Standards and Guidelines.
1. Set up negative air pressurization inside the crawlspace, preventing cross contamination.
2. HEPA vacuum all surfaces, including joist and sub floor framing.
3. Wipe all surfaces, including ductwork, framing and conduits.
4. Sand, scrape or dry ice blast the first layer of affected wood framing. Such agitation techniques will ensure complete source removal of mold spores and their root system from the contaminated wood framing.
5. Wipe all surfaces a second time.
6. *Apply a clear anti-microbial wood coating to the newly cleaned wood surfaces.
* RGI utilizes GA State licensed applicators to apply antimicrobial products.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE THE CONTRACTOR YOU CHOSE GUARANTEES PASSAGE OF VISUAL INSPECTION AND SURFACE SAMPLING BY THIRD PARTY INSPECTORS.
WARNING: There are no fogging techniques presently available that offer quick and convenient silver bullet treatments for remediation of mold in crawlspaces. Products may promise quick and easy results, but they have been proven to be ineffective and a waste of money. Put your money to effective use. Call REMEDIATION GROUP, INC. today to schedule an evaluation of your crawlspace. We will provide a free detailed estimate with easy-to-understand square footage pricing.
Mold In Crawl Spaces Crawl Space Mold removal
I would recommend Remediation Group to anyone, and especially their lead man who was on my job.
-O.H. Mathews, Marietta, GA
For more information on mold contamination and its threat to your business, home and health, click to read two EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) reports: Residential Mold Guide and Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings -2001 document.&*&*&
Nothing is worse than noticing a funky smell and realizing you have extensive water or mold damage. This is especially frustrating in uncommon areas of